Silicone Thinner Pint (410gm)
- Brand: Smooth-On
- Product Code: SOSILTHIN.P
- Availability: In Stock
- $44.42 AUD
- Ex Tax: $40.38 AUD
Silicone Thinner is a non-reactive silicone fluid that will lower the mixed viscosity of tin cure (condensation) or platinum cure (addition) silicone rubber products.
Silicone Thinner offers the following advantages:
- A lower mixed viscosity (A+B) means that the rubber will de-air faster when vacuuming.
- Mixed rubber (A+B) will flow better over intricate model detail.
- Silicone Thinner will lower the ultimate shore hardness (durometer) of cured silicone rubber.
- Pot life (working time) is increased in proportion to the amount of Silicone Thinner used.
Disadvantage: Ultimate tear and tensile strength are reduced in proportion to the amount of Silicone Thinner added, however knotty tear properties of the Mold Maxtm series rubbers are unaffected